Early Intervention is underpinned by our fundamental beliefs that:
- the best interests of the child are paramount
- young children's healthy development, learning and wellbeing are supported through the use of evidence based practice.
- every child has the potential to participate and contribute and has the capacity to succeed in a range of contexts and activities; and
- childhood development and learning happens in a family-centred approach and through partnerships with therapists and early childhood staff.
Our Early Intervention services include:
- Pre and post natal visiting in the hospital and home
- Early Intervention groups for 0-6 years olds
- A Pre-Kindergarten program to facilitate a successful transition to preschool
- Occupational therapy to engage children through play and activity to optimise everyday learning opportunities
- Speech Pathology to facilitate language and communication in children with complex physical and cognitive needs
- Physiotherapy to provide a strong foundation for lifelong physical development.
All of these services are offered under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We can help you navigate the NDIS and provide you with information on how to get your child on an NDIS plan.
The Early Intervention Sessions for 0-6 years old are now run at the CanDo for Kids building, 59-61 Grange Road Welland.
If you have any queries please contact Libby Burns, Programs Manager - 8245 4600