Dance Down Program
The Dance Down program was formulated from both the successful Club Slick Demonstration Team and a pilot dance program, for children aged 5-10 years, run by Down Syndrome SA in 2011. It is now a weekly dance program for people with Down Syndrome.
There are five Dance Down groups, separated by age or ability:
- Junior Team is for children aged 5-11 years
- Senior Team is for girls aged 12-17 years
- Boys Group is for boys 12-17 years
- Adult Class is for adults new to dance
- Performance Team (previously the Club Slick Demonstration Team) is an invite only group who are skilled in rock n roll dancing and perform at various community events. Members of the Performance Team have travelled to Singapore, Ireland, Canada and South Africa to perform.
All groups rehearse weekly on a Monday evening during school term times and are managed by Jade Erlandsen. The Performance Team dance at promotional events for Down Syndrome SA and are available to be booked for other events, raising funds for the organisation. All five groups have the opportunity to perform at Down Syndrome SA’s annual Family Fun Day which gives all participants a chance to showcase their routines to their families.
For more information on Dance Down or Club Slick, please contact 8245 4600 or email email@example.com