City to Bay
Sunday 18 September
Recently there has been a lot of chatter about increasing social awareness among the Life Ed and Work Skills students. We have been very lucky to be the recipients of generous donations but not yet have the students been part of fundraising for another organisation. Here is our chance!
If you have already registered to walk with Team Down Syndrome SA you don’t need to do anything else! We are all going to walk with Team CanTeen together. As part of Team CanTeen you will get:
- Your own CanTeen singlet
- Access to the CanTeen tent at the end of the race where you can have FREE breakfast and a FREE massage
We will no longer be doing lunch in town so walkers will need to be collected from Glenelg after the race
- An invitation to CanTeen’s training session with Goodlife (likely in Elder Park) the week before (Monday or Tuesday) with Channel 7 and Amelia Mulcahy
If you have not already registered but would like to participate, here is the information you need:
The 6km walk starts from the Kurralta Park Shopping Centre at 9:15am. There will be more information closer to the date but we will plan to meet at around 8:30am. Laura Millbank, Deb Green and Maureen Lawlor will walk with the group so walkers can participate independently without parent/caregiver support, however families are more than welcome to join in too!
Regular Entry Period is from 1 August to 11 September. The cost during this time is $55 for Concession. You will need to collect your race number from the City-Bay Expo in Victoria Square from 15th to 17th September but we might be able to do this for you!
- Register your interest to participate with Laura via phone 8245 4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9th September.
- Enter online. The link to join our team is https://my.city-bay.org.au/signup/team/NjA. If you haven’t participated before you will need to create a new account with a log in and password.
- Encourage your family and friends to sponsor you by donating to our fundraising page at https://citybay2016.everydayhero.com/au/life-ed-and-work-skills
Once we have the final list of participants, Laura will be in touch with further information. We will be wearing the singlets we get from CanTeen. If you have any queries in the meantime, please contact Laura using the above details.